Here are 10 questions you should ask when interviewing lawyers to handle your wrongful termination or workplace harassment case:
· Does your law firm exclusively handle employment law cases?
· How long have you been practicing law?
· For how long have you been exclusively practicing employment law?
· Who will be the lawyer actually handling my case or will the work be delegated to junior lawyers?
· How many clients does the law firm have at a time?
· Is the law firm ready, willing and able to go to trial?
· Will the law firm advance all fees needed to go to trial?
· Are there any upfront fees? (There should not be.)
· What percentage of the firm’s cases go to trial?
· What is the firm’s success rate?
If you are facing a situation where your employer has done something to threaten your career or livelihood, you should hire a lawyer that specializes in Employment Law. Be aware that most of the top employment lawyers are not also Personal Injury lawyers.